Assist is looking for enthusiastic and positive people to work as Keyworkers and Life Skills Tutors, supporting adults with learning disabilities.
Assist Trust Keyworker salary: £25,747.40 p.a.
Hours: 37 per week, 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday – Thursday, 8.30 to 4pm on Fridays, with end of the day flexibility. Part time hours can be considered.
Successful Keyworker applicants will be friendly, approachable, professional and with excellent communication and IT skills. Experience in positive support for adults with learning disabilities will be desirable, along with suitable qualifications in the care profession. Successful applicants will undertake an enhanced DBS check, paid for by Assist Trust.
Contract type: Permanent
Life Skills Tutor salary: £21,006.23 per annum, pro rata (£10.92 per hour)
Hours: 35 per week, 8.30am to 4pm Monday – Friday, with end of the day flexibility. Part time hours can be considered.
Successful Life Skills Tutor applicants will be approachable, organised, professional and keen to support individuals to greater independence with a person centred, respectful and strength based approach.
A background in working with adults with learning disabilities is desirable, but a good attitude and a willingness to see individuals succeed in life is essential. Successful applicants will undertake an enhanced DBS check, paid for by Assist Trust
Contract type: Permanent
Benefits of working for Assist Trust:
- Inspiring and varied work supporting adults with learning disabilities
- Sociable hours
- Free parking
- Medicash employee support scheme
- Six month induction period with full training given
- Regular supervision and support
- Wellbeing champions and mental health first aiders available
- Staff allotment available at our Heath Gardens project
- Career progression opportunities
- Person centred support for all staff
- An open door policy where managers are always available
- 20 days holiday entitlement rising each year to a maximum of 25, plus bank holidays and an extra week off at Christmas
- Yearly team building/wellbeing activity day, with other wellbeing events/activities held throughout the year
- Flexible working at the end of the working day
If you are interested in either of these positions please return the attached application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can request a paper copy of the application pack by calling 01603 230200. If you would like to discuss this opportunity informally, please contact the Head of Services Lucy Graver, on 01603 230200.
Should your application be successful, Assist Trust will securely store application forms, DBS details and any other related application and review paperwork for a limited period of time, as appropriate to the situation.
All documentation relating to active employees will be retained throughout their employment with Assist Trust, and for seven years following their departure from the service, in line with our Data protection policy.
Applications which are unsuccessful will be destroyed 3 months from application unless permission is given by the applicant to be securely stored for further vacancies.
Individuals have the right to request and receive all information held about them at any time.
Below are some interviews with staff about their job roles and working at Assist Trust;