All Assist members are helped to manage daily living skills more independently. This helps everyone to manage more tasks for themselves at home, with less support from others.
For those who are keen to move into more independent living, Assist can help find suitable opportunities and Housing Officer, Owen de Lacey, will provide support for individuals and families on this journey.
At Assist Trust we know that some of our Members have future plans to live more independently. We are able to support their progress towards this ambition by offering groups that teach and develop daily living skills- such as cooking, budgeting and cleaning. Maturity and responsibility- in groups that focus on safety in the community and social skills. members have the opportunity to make new friends during their time at Assist and this can lead to opportunities to explore shared supported living or simply see how their peers have succeeded in this.
Assist are currently landlords to 8 tenants, in properties close to our facilities and we have ambitions to increase this in the near future. We want our Members to have the same opportunities when it comes to housing options as anyone else and we have a dedicated team who can offer advice, support and encouragement towards ambitions at a pace that suits.
We have launched a Family Support Network to help bring families, individuals and professionals together to offer mutual support and overcome barriers together
The housing team at Assist Trust have created some useful resources to help support the development of different daily living skills at home. Click on the links below for details;
Cleaning and tidying
- Housing Resource Library: Cleaning microwave
- Housing Resource Library: Cleaning oven and hob
- Housing Resource Library: Cleaning the toilet
- Housing Resource Library: Cleaning work surfaces
- Housing Resource Library: Dusting
- Housing Resource Library: Hoover the floor
- Housing Resource Library: Household bins
- Housing Resource Library: Making a bed
- Housing Resource Library: Mopping the floor
- Housing resource Library: Spillages and breakages
- Housing Resource Library: Menu plan shop list
- Housing Resource Library: Using a kettle
- Housing Resource Library: Using a toaster